Worship with us Sundays at 10:00 am near the corner of Burton and Eastern SE.
New City Fellowship OPC
700 Burton St. SE
Grand Rapids, MI 49507
Phone: (616) 427-3088
Pastor: Rev. Mika Edmondson
New City Fellowship OPC is a Christ-exalting, Spirit-dependent, God-glorifying, gospel-centered, biblically faithful, multi-culturally accessible church in SE Grand Rapids.
- We exist to worship the Lord, edify his saints, and witness to the world by the power of and in obedience to Christ our prophet, priest, and king.
- To plant a Christ-exalting, Spirit-dependent, God-glorifying, gospel-centered, biblically faithful, multi-culturally accessible Presbyterian church community in SE Grand Rapids.
We aim to place a biblical priority on :
- Worship: The Lord sent Moses to Egypt with the words ““Let my son go that he may serve [worship] me.” (Exodus 4:23) This is also repeated in Exodus 7:16, 8:1, 8:20, 9:1, 9:13, and 10:3. God delivered his people from bondage towards the end that they may worship him. The church exists to worship God according to his will.
- Edification: Mutual Edification is also a crucial priority in the church. God’s desire is that his people truly grow in the grace and the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 3:18). Through the preaching of the living Word, the prayers of believing saints, and the sacraments of Lord’s Supper and Baptism, the Spirit of God works to strengthen God’s people so that Christ may dwell in their hearts through faith (Eph 3:16-17).
- Witness: Witness is another crucial priority for the Church. We are commanded by Christ to “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you.” (see also Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 16:15, Luke 24:47).
Read the full mission statement here: Church Plant Document
There are many ways to support the church plant mission work:
- Pray! Please pray for New City Fellowship OPC, that this mission work would bring glory to God through its worship, edification, and witness.
- Attend: Everyone is welcome to attend the church plant meetings! Come and see what the Lord is doing at New City Fellowship, whether it is just once or many times.
- Contribute: Please consider supporting New City Fellowship financially. At this time, contributions can be sent to Harvest OPC with a note that it is for the church plant.